Sunday, July 15, 2007

Washington D.C.


Saturn 5 aft end
Original Wright Brothers "air plane".

Hope Diamond (largest blue diamond).
Declaration of Independence.


View of Battlefield of Gettysburg with Devils Den at left (with rocks). Picture taken from Little Round Top.

Gettysburg



The White House


Sunset in D.C.





Leaving VA we went to D.C. First day we saw the most of the monuments and memorials as well as the White House. Second day we spent the whole day at Gettysburg and it just happened to be July 2nd - exaclty 144 yrs ago that the second day of the Battle of Gettysburg was fought. Then the third day we went back to D.C. and walked around the National Mall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! That's so cool!!! I loved those pictures. I hope you're having just as great a time in England. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Andrew Z said...

Wow, cool pics!! Maybe I'll follow in your footsteps in leaving the US as I am spiritually in staying in the US!

Is bly julle kon dit geniet!

Much love and a promise to pray for you each time my thoughts drift to "The Viljoens"